‘As a former dancer I have always enjoyed movement and music and, for some years was fortunate enough to pursue both by teaching as a fitness instructor. Following the birth of my children I noticed significant changes in my posture and saw the need to find ways to improve it – I found the answer in a different form of exercise – Pilates.
Through Pilates I began to understand my body, its structure, the way it moves, the things that can gradually go wrong with it and the process of bringing about positive change through Pilates. I decided to take this further and trained and qualified as a Pilates instructor under Lynne Robinson with the Body Control Association in London.
I am a also a Pilates Back4Good Practitioner, Level 4 Specialist Instructor (REPS) and Backcare Professional. By choosing a Back4Good Practitioner you can be assured you have chosen a trained specialist to help both prevent and manage non-specific lower back pain.
I work with a broad range of clients who approach me for a variety of reasons: for some it’s a new found interest in Pilates or someone looking for technical improvement or better understanding of their existing Pilates experience; for others it’s because they are looking to resolve movement or flexibility issues or pain; often they’ve been referred by a physiotherapist or other medical or sports injury professional.
Most are pleasantly surprised by how their body feels after the very first session and leave with an immediate awareness that Pilates is going to make a difference to their lives.
Sessions are structured to people’s needs and clients are often surprised by what they can achieve when gently encouraged. I work with a variety of different ages and abilities. ‘
- Certified Body Control Pilates Level 4 Low Back Pain
- Certified Back4Good Practitioner and Backcare Professional
- Certified Pilates Teacher ‘Level 3 Matwork’ (Body Control Association)
- Certified Body Control Pilates Reformer teacher
- Pregnancy 1 and 2: Ante and Post Natal programmes
- Level 3 certificate in Designing Programmes for Bone Health (osteoporosis)
- On the Register of Exercise Professional – Level 4 (REPS)
- First Aid Certificate in Basic Life Support
- Other courses:
- Level 4 Movement and Adaptations
- Pre and post operation Hip Pilates
- Pilates for Bone Health – Osteoporosis
- Intermediate Matwork
- Pilates for Performance – Runners
- Precision of Movement
- Standing Pilates
- Shoulder, head and neck flow with Cameron Angus
- PSOAS: Clever guy of the pelvis with Cameron Angus
- Pilates and the Foam Roller
- Challenge your mat with Duncan Orrock
- Pilates Progression with Duncan Orrock
- Creative Combinations and Core Concepts
- NRG Flow, Part 1 and 2
- Central YMCA Award in Circuit Training – Level 2
- Central YMCA Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Level 2
- Lisab pilates – High Intensity Power Pilates
- Pilates for the Older Person BCPA
- Stability and Mobility, Two sides of the same coin, Duncan Orrock
- Take the ‘work’out of matwork, bring some fun to your classes, Duncan Orrock
Body Control Pilates – Supervised Training Teacher (Cambridge and Herts region)
Students should please email or telephone me to arrange suitable training dates/sessions.
Classes are currently being Live Streamed – please contact me for more information.
Day Pilates Retreats – Dates postponed due to Covid 19
Private reformer sessions now available.
Pilates reformer is similar yet very different to Pilates mat work. Reformer Pilates is done using a reformer machine; this is a traditional piece of Pilates equipment which looks like a bed with springs, a sliding carriage, ropes and pulleys. The reformer is generally more intense and dynamic than mat based Pilates as it adds resistance to the Pilates exercises via the use of the springs which form part of the machine.
Intrigued? Call me to find out more.
A big thank you to everyone once again for your loyalty, commitment and generous support during the year because, without you Pilates Inspiration would not happen.