As a former dancer I have always enjoyed movement and music and for the past few years I have been fortunate enough to pursue both of these by teaching as a fitness instructor.
Following the birth of my children I noticed significant changes in my posture and gradually came to see the need to find ways to improve it – I found the answer in a different form of exercise - Pilates.
The more I explored into Pilates, the more I began to understand my body, its structure, the way it moves, the things that can gradually go wrong with it and the process of bringing about positive change - through Pilates.
I decided to take this further and the obvious route was to train and qualify as a Pilates instructor with the Body Control Association in London.
The more I teach PIlates the more my interest grows. Everyone’s body is different and everyone's approach to learning is different. Teaching Pilates is always interesting and endlessly challenging – it has become my way of life. I hope it can become yours too.
- Certified Pilates Teacher ‘Level 3 Matwork’ (Body Control Association)
- Certified Back4Good Practitioner
- On the Register of Exercise Professional – Level 4 (REPS)
- A Backcare Professional
- First Aid Certificate in Basic Life Support
- Central YMCA Award in Circuit Training – Level 2
- Central YMCA Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Level 2