'As a former dancer I have always enjoyed movement and music and, for some years was fortunate enough to pursue both by teaching as a fitness
instructor. Following the birth of my children I noticed significant changes in my posture and saw the need to find ways to improve it – I found
the answer in a different form of exercise - Pilates.
Through Pilates I began to understand my body, its structure, the way it moves, the things that can gradually go wrong with it and the process of
bringing about positive change through Pilates. I decided to take this further and trained and qualified as a Pilates instructor under Lynne
Robinson with the Body Control Association in London.
I am a also a Pilates Back4Good Practitioner, Level 4 Specialist Instructor (REPS) and Backcare Professional. By choosing a Back4Good Practitioner you can be assured you have chosen a trained specialist to help both prevent and manage non-specific lower back pain.
I work with a broad range of clients who approach me for a variety of reasons: for some it’s a new found interest in Pilates or someone looking for technical improvement or better understanding of their existing Pilates experience; for others it’s because they are looking to resolve movement or flexibility issues or pain; often they’ve been referred by a physiotherapist
or other medical or sports injury professional.
Most are pleasantly surprised by how their body feels after the very first session and leave with an immediate awareness that Pilates is going to make
a difference to their lives.
Sessions are structured to people’s needs and clients are often surprised by what they can achieve when gently encouraged. I work with a variety of
different ages and abilities. '
- Certified Pilates Teacher ‘Level 3 Matwork’ (Body Control Association)
- Certified Body Control Pilates Level 4 Low Back Pain
- Certified Back4Good Practitioner and Backcare Professional
- Certified Body Control Pilates Pregnancy Ante and Post Natal
- Certified Body Control Pilates Hip Replacement
- On the Register of Exercise Professional – Level 4 (REPS)
- First Aid Certificate in Basic Life Support
- Central YMCA Award in Circuit Training – Level 2
- Central YMCA Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Level 2
New early morning classes in Thriplow Village Hall Wednesday mornings starting in September.
Please contact me as soon as possible for more details.